Forum

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: I got banned from C&F
Whistler
Send Message
Post I got banned from C&F
on: July 12, 2013, 02:41

For expressing my opinion πŸ˜•

Checkout my whistling progress
"Life is not like a box of chocolates. It's more like a jar of jalapenos. What's good
today may burn your ass tomorrow" - unknown

Whistler
Send Message
Post Re: I got banned from C&F
on: July 12, 2013, 03:23

This was the last post I made to the thread, it was not allowed to be posted.

["Jleo Fipple"]you would prefer to hear lossy mp3.

["MTGuru"] I did not say that.

["Jleo Fipple"]but your happy to listen to these lossy samples πŸ˜•

["Jleo Fipple"]The fact that you believe Mp3 128kb is CD quality

["MTGuru"] I did not say that either.

["Jleo Fipple"] You implied it by thinking that it's ok to listen to these samples in this comparison. The criteria I posted is for master recordings. When you said you would not want to download large sample files that are twice the size of a standard CD audio you confirmed your lack of audio production knowledge. No one in there right mind would post such large files.

["Jleo Fipple"]I listened to the audio sample and they pretty much all sound the same so all these whistles sound the same.

["MTGuru"]I wouldn't doubt that they do, to you.

["Jleo Fipple"]with respect

["MTGuru"] Not respect, only an inability to read correctly.

["Jleo Fipple"]Pffft, remarks like this don't make you clever, more childish i.e. school boy taunting, common actually. Clearly anything to avoid my point, lossless recordings is my preferred and proper way to create samples for instrument comparison. If lossy mp3 double encoded is what you prefer go for it.

"Life is not like a box of chocolates. It's more like a jar of jalapenos. What's good

Andreas-
the German-
Whistler
Administrator
Send Message
on: July 12, 2013, 11:50

i have seen it last night ... and was surprised
i know how it is, i have been banned from 2 forum already myself

what else can i say? ... i think it wasnt right, he did feel offended, ok, but the reaction was to hard
i bet it was not your different opinion (wich i found interesting and helpfull) it was the way you said it, the words you used ... well its not my language but yours and his ... i am not the one saying that you missunderstood each other ...

give it a day or two ... probably it will not be permanent

Andreas Fischer the German Whistler
Be Active and enjoy! This Community is what WE make out of it!

I play Whistles since May 2012
My Instrument Collection & more
My private WeBlog
My Youtube Playlists (Stuff i like to view)

Andreas-
the German-
Whistler
Administrator
Send Message
on: July 12, 2013, 14:27

well, it must be banning day
i just got banned from a forum because i did post in a thread, where a moderator said, "no more off topic", i didnt read that and posted, but inmformed the mod directly afterwards that i am sorry and did post before reading his warning
the result: banned πŸ˜‰

click to enlarge

and all this just because an idiot wanted to discuss with me about that squier guitars are all junk and that fender sells the b stock of thomann ... stupid!

i do have a squier and its a fine guitar
anyway, whatever reasons there are, looks like there is something in the air

My private WeBlog

Whistler
Send Message
on: July 12, 2013, 17:04

Wow!! that's very strict moderating but you did get a time notice letting you know the length of ban, no such luck with C&F. 6 weeks ago the mods started to read my posts before letting them be put on the board...I asked for a reason why this was happening in one of the posts. No one replied and the post was allowed on forum without the message asking for reason.

Andreas-
the German-
Whistler
Administrator
Send Message
on: July 12, 2013, 19:21

wow that is ... wow i am out of words
they did check your postings first? ...not telling you why, well sounds like them, but...what did you do to get that?
remember when we wanted to have a thread for challenges there?
remmeber, that i tought every day i will be banned soon?
once i even did contact dan fr some reason but he just let the moderators rule there

i think you alwas did provide good content, informations, ... have been active, thats important for a forum, i bet many will miss you there
but i am sure they will let you in aftger a while , if you want to

the reason that i have been banned...
its ok, i did post where i wanst alowed to post - strikt but fair
the fact that i didnt know that before poosting ... well not knowin g to be worng doesnt make you be right, right? πŸ˜‰
i dont care, i will safe some time πŸ˜‰ and now i knwo that some trolls and their moderator friends there rule that forum and will make sure to pΓΌrovide less content there and just ask my questions in the future, if they dont want what i have to give, ... ok for me
the only pitty is, that jusitn (its his website) is a nice guy and its a pitty that his forum is like that, but that happens when you letr moderators rule

anyway, what yre you going to do?
ask why? apologize? new user name? stay away?

dont want to miss your whistle/trad/music stuff
anyway good that there is my(your)-music-community.net , isnt it? πŸ™‚

My private WeBlog

Andreas-
the German-
Whistler
Administrator
Send Message
on: July 12, 2013, 19:38

ok, i had to ask
click to enlarge

My private WeBlog

Whistler
Send Message
on: July 12, 2013, 19:59

Good on you Andreas, but that's like letting the fox (you) into the hen house the farmer (moderators) might have to use his gun πŸ˜€

Andreas-
the German-
Whistler
Administrator
Send Message
on: July 12, 2013, 20:12

i know, but if they bann me, so what - i didnt do anything wrong and if i am banned for that, than it has to be
but maybe they overthink their desicion and also i hope others notice what happend to you

My private WeBlog

Whistler
Send Message
on: July 12, 2013, 20:56

I seen the reply which does not deal with the point I was making 24bit 96khz are my suggested recording parameters (settings) allowing all detail to be captured. These articles deal with playback of high bitrate files which is not the same.

The person in recording control decides the final listening quality or if you upload that large file to SoundCloud it will be re-encoded down to 44'1 Khz, 128Kb, mp3 joint stereo audio for playback on it's server.

What I suggested allows the listener who wants to download the .wav to listen a 16bit 44.1 Khz audio file (full standard CD Quality) because SoundCloud by default will re-encode the large 24bit 96khz file to Industry standard CD Quality. Which you can then download.

Cd quality is always better than compressed .mp3 type audio especially in comparison scenarios.

But as always, these guys think they know better and I wasn't allowed to expand on my opinion.

Andreas-
the German-
Whistler
Administrator
Send Message
on: July 12, 2013, 21:18

to me all this is same as chinese, i dont understand it at all
both, the compression thing and the banning -)

but i understood your point that for example the sweettone doesent sound like a sweettone ... same here, similar but not realy the same
id like to make a good comparion set but dont know how

anyway, there is also the mic, the recoirding settings, the speakers at the other end - will it be even possible to make a good set for comparing?

My private WeBlog

kmarty
Send Message
on: July 12, 2013, 21:28

Interesting, I'm uploading 160kbit mp3's on soundcloud and when I download them back, they're exactly the same what I uploaded before (binary compared). Soundcloud didn't made any reencoding.
More distortion of my recordings is by internal notebook microphone which I use for recordings.

Anyway, I don't say that 128kbit mp3 is "CD quality". If so, I'm just saying that the most people don't recognize it (regardless if it is due to their ears or speakers).
Bit depth (16bit vs 24bit) is important only for high dynamics in music (i.e. 24bit is absolutelly unnecessary for whistle). The most CD recordings don't use full 16bit depth (exceptions are mostly recordings of classical music).
Rate (44.1kHz vs 96kHz) is important only when you want to capture sound/noise up to half of this sampling frequency according to Shannon theorem (I think that 44.1kHz sampling rate is enough - it can capture more than common human ear).

I'm not against you, this is just my opinion.

Whistler
Send Message
on: July 12, 2013, 21:32

Andreas your questioning post has been deleted 😯

From a newish computer all you need for listening is a good set of closed head phones. I am going to make a Dixon Trad D and Clarke Sweetone D comparison with similar parameters to those I gave as advice. We will see how that goes πŸ™‚

kmarty
Send Message
on: July 12, 2013, 21:56

(continuation of my post on previous page)
BTW. "samples at double the standard CD audio quality" ... I think that MT mentioned it as reaction to your 24bit 96kHz, not as description of 128kbit mp3.

But still I can't find the thing which caused a reason to ban :-/. Maybe due to lack of my english knowledge.

Andreas-
the German-
Whistler
Administrator
Send Message
on: July 12, 2013, 23:08

maybe its the lack of mtgurus language knowledge πŸ˜‰

My private WeBlog

Whistler
Send Message
on: July 12, 2013, 23:39

SoundCloud doesn't re-encode files for download if they are 16bit, 44.1Khz or lower. CD recordings are by default 44.1Khz no more no less, there are no exceptions. 44.1Khz is required for CD, 48Khz is required for DVD. Recording 96Khz sample rate allows the audio guy head room in his digital audio work station when it's necessary to multi-process and re-encode to suit different applications CD,DVD, multimedia for Internet streaming etc.

Nyquist/Shannon theorem is important and an industry standard when it comes to listening. But who now samples at 16bit 44.1Khz then processes and sends that audio to CD? In my opinion to get excellent 44.1khz you need the sample rate at double some engineers say 88.2Khz. I use my max 24bit 96Khz when needed and from that max I create the necessary audio file 16bit 44.1Khz .wav, 24bit 48Khz .wav for example. I am not disagreeing with your opinion when recording I use the max capability of my hardware. Some Pro Studio's can if needed use 192Khz sampling.... it's up to the individual to decide how they want to record. On the C&F board I offered my opinion, it shouldn't have lead to my banning πŸ™

Andreas-
the German-
Whistler
Administrator
Send Message
on: July 13, 2013, 00:25

Quote from Whistler on July 12, 2013, 23:39
On the C&F board I offered my opinion, it shouldn't have lead to my banning πŸ™

agree!
i have now seen that my message was deleted (as you told me before here)
weil i dont know if i find it "weak" to censor and ignore without answering me
or if i think its a "cool" way not to argue
anyway it still is a pitty

i bet we all agree that we learned a lot from mtguru and Peter
but i bet also that we all made c&F much more interesting and usefull for beginners, because we have been very active beginners and have created some interesting content with our questions and our opinions ... its a shame to treat friendly valuable members of a community like that
i hope i never will use my being the administrator that way

about the topic "recording and comression" i am still same stupid as before πŸ™‚ but never mind, not now at least

My private WeBlog

Andreas-
the German-
Whistler
Administrator
Send Message
on: July 13, 2013, 00:28

by the way, Jleo "Whistler", what about some whistling now? what about learning greensleeves this weekend, there is a challenge running πŸ™‚
music help in sad times and that old tune is just waiting for you πŸ˜‰

My private WeBlog

Whistler
Send Message
on: July 14, 2013, 14:24

Yes I'm taking a look at the challenge now, good work so far you guys πŸ™‚

Pages: [1]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.34 ; Page loaded in: 0.025 seconds.

This Page was created by: Pepe the Crab - Admin on: Monday, 27. August 2012 20:27
Last update: Monday, 17. September 2012 um 20:27